Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ugh... I hate a sore throat!

I'm home today with an awful sore throat.  It sucks.  I'm trying to make the best of it though... Grandma took the girls over to her house so it's pretty quiet around here.  I have been able to take some medicine and go back to bed, so that's been nice.  


But now I'm awake and thought I'd take the opportunity to do a little looking for an awesome headband.  Why?  Well you see... I recently came across this post over at Take Heart about a headband swap.  What a great idea!!  So I signed up... and this morning when I checked my email I had all my details for my swap partner.  Now, it's time to shop!


I don't know if it's all supposed to be secret or anything so I won't tell you who my swap partner is, but after checking out her blog I think she seems like a pretty cool lady.  I hope I can find something she'll enjoy.  I certainly like her favorite colors of: yellow, aqua or sea glass, brown, and pink.

I'll be honest, when I first signed up for the swap I thought the point was to make your own headband to swap... it's not.  There's a $20 budget set on this swap.  The rules state that you can still make your own though - as long as it's a quality product (i.e. something that you would definitely wear, might sell yourself, etc.).  So, at this point I'm a little undecided on the exact route I'll go.  I may buy something, I may still make something, I may do both.  Probably both - cause it's more fun that way.  

So of course, I've been browsing around looking for some awesome headbands on Etsy this afternoon... there are some really awesome headbands out there, let me tell ya!  I have had this one shop in my favorites for awhile, and immediately thought of them as my first choice.  Unfortunately, the shop is temporarily closed.  So sad.  Oh well.

OK, I'm off to go see what else I can find...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...