Sunday, January 2, 2011

Toddler Aprons - Finally Finished!!

Ahhh... I can finally say that I am done with the little aprons that I made for the girls.  The original plan was for them to be a Christmas gift along with their little play kitchen.  Well, they got the kitchen but the aprons still weren't ready - no big deal... they are 1 and 2, they don't know the difference.

I had been working on these aprons for several months - it really only took so long because I wanted to take my time and make sure I followed the pattern exactly.  The project I did right before I started these didn't work out so well on the measurements so I wanted to be extra sure I got this one right.

I ended up giving up on making the strap/tie piece in the fabric and just ran some ribbon through it instead.  Not that the strap was the hard part or anything... but who really wants to turn some long skinny strips of fabric right side out when you could make it even easier and use cute ribbon? :)

Well, here they are... two super cute little toddler sized aprons :)  What do you think?

aprons

My models aren't always the most cooperative when I need a picture, so this was the best I could get today.

Here you can see the ribbon - see, much cuter than the fabric tie.

aprons


Something that would be really cool would be to monogram these, or applique their initial or something on the front of it. If I ever get my embroidery machine, I just might add the monogram :)

aprons

I made these using this adjustable neck apron Sewing Pattern, Simplicity 2555

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...