Thursday, December 30, 2010

New books and my first project!

new books

For Christmas I got 5 new craft books!! All ones I had picked out especially because they are things I can do easily by hand and are pretty portable. Mostly, things I can do sitting and watching TV after the kids have gone to bed. :)

Anyway, after flipping through the books a few times I started picking out my first project to make. And here they are...

Coasters

Aren't those just super cute coasters?? They were super simple and fairly quick to make. It took me 3 evenings of about an hour each - so easily an afternoon project if you have time to do it all at once. I want to make more... and probably will.

Check out the detail from the hand stitching... I love it!
Coasters - details

The project came from this awesome little book, Appliqué Your Way by Kayte Terry. There are some seriously cute projects in there. I can't wait to try more.

I'm thinking that these would be a fun sell on Etsy... what do you think? Would you buy them?

Speaking of Etsy... Desiree and I have been working hard to get our new Etsy shop up and running. Hopefully we will have a few items ready to list this weekend... so stay tuned for more updates on that! I'm excited about this one!

p.s.  I love followers of my blog... encourage me more, click that little follow button in the sidebar on the right :)  Thanks!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...