Monday, December 27, 2010

How was your Christmas?

I haven't blogged about any of my projects because they were all Christmas gifts... and so now that Christmas is over and the gifts have been given I'll finally be able to share them with you! I promise... they are coming soon (tonight maybe even)...

We had a great Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with my husband's family. Then, we spent all day yesterday at home trying to recoup. Probably the most exciting and unexpected gift was that of a white Christmas here in Alabama!! I had heard that we'd probably have a few flurries, and when I looked out the window on Saturday morning, there was actually a nice light blanket of snow covering the grass and a little on the roads. I expected that to be all we'd get and for it to mostly be gone by the time we left the house for the day... but it wasn't! As the kids opened their gifts under our tree I kept looking out the window in disbelief that the snow just kept falling harder and harder. Larger flakes too. it was great!

IMG_0353-web

I haven't had a white Christmas since we lived in Alaska... in like 1993. And it's been even longer than that since there has been snow on Christmas Day here in Alabama (since 1989 I think I heard someone say - I remember that one well too).

Ahhh... ok, enough of that. I'll be back later this evening with a post about all my Christmas gift crafts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...