Sunday, November 14, 2010

Look Whoo's One!

Yeah! The day that I had been planning for for so long has now come and gone. This past Saturday was our youngest daughter's first birthday party! I'm not a big party planner, I have definite ideas but never quite as much time to carry them all out as needed. So once I decided on a theme, I set out to find the perfect items on Etsy to help complete my vision. I certainly didn't have enough time to do everything that I wanted, but I LOVE handmade items (of course), so Etsy was the perfect solution to my dilemma.

What I found was this...



The invitations were customized by Kiyomi Designs with our info and photo and the final image was sent to me to have printed. This saved a bunch of time and I was able to control how I wanted it printed. This is also great if you wanted to send out the invites via email.

The high chair banner was just cute! Perfectly matched the invitations and was just a great little added touch for the party decor!

And of course gift tags! I ended up taping these to the front of a little brown bag and filling the bag with goodies for the kids who attended the party.

Kiyomi Designs was able to set me up a custom party package with just the specific items that I wanted. She also offers cake/cupcake toppers, large banners (as opposed to the shorter high chair banner), and more!



Cakes and Kids offers some pretty awesome fondant cupcake decorations! When I came across these little guys, I knew they were perfect! They went perfectly with the invitations, and were just simply adorable on my baked at home cupcakes. I'm definitely a novice when it comes to cupcake baking, icing and such but adding these little guys was just the touch that they needed to go from ordinary to simply adorable!

Cakes for kids offers the fondant decorations in so many different styles for any occasion. I was able to get this party package with the cake topper (that we used on the smash cake - it was a FIRST birthday party of course) and 24 of the little fondant owls, along with 2 styles of super cute decorative cupcake wrappers at a great package price! This made things super easy! The WOW effect was definitely there!

Everything else that I got for the party was totally last minute! I spent my lunchbreaks all last week running errands to find stuff for the goodie bags, paper plates, cups, utensils, food, etc. I hate feeling so rushed with stuff! Party planning is definitely something that I don't enjoy doing as much as I once thought I would.

Now... I've got to start planning NK's 2nd birthday party - which will be in 3 weeks!! I don't even have an idea where to start with this one. Oh well.

And a few of my favorite photos from the party...

IMG_5699_web

IMG_5746_web

Big sister had to show her how to unwrap presents...
IMG_5761_web

IMG_5776_web

She's got some great surprise faces! :)
IMG_5794_web

IMG_5816_web

IMG_5839_web

IMG_6032_web

And a little side note... Thanks to all our family and friends who were able to come to our sweet SQ's party. We are so glad you were able to come and celebrate the day with us! Extra special thank yous to our parents... you helped so much with everything that you did around the house, and taking care of the girls while we finished all the prepping for the party... We couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...