Thursday, October 28, 2010

Quickie Frayed Fabric Flower

Tonight I've been working on a few different little projects all at once.  I started off with working on trick-or-treat bags for my girls (only a few days left to get them done!), but more about those later (I'll share once they are complete).

My friend, Desiree, was talking about making some cute fabric flower pins and she sent me a text message earlier with a photo of her first one...
Isn't it super cute?  You can't tell very well from this photo, but that bead in the middle is super gorgeous!  I know, I was with her when she bought it... :)

So, as I was working on my trick-or-treat bags I decided that I had to take a little break and make a frayed fabric flower pin for myself... of course in Halloween-ish colors to wear to work tomorrow :)

I followed this really easy tutorial by Maize Hutton.  Check it out, it only took about 5 minutes to make and minimal supplies.

Here is how mine turned out... what do you think?  Of course, I couldn't find my little bag with my pin backings so I had to settle for sewing a safety pin on the back instead.  It's not ideal, but it works just fine and you'd never know (if I didn't tell on myself).


More about those trick-or-treat bags later... They are turning out really awesome though so far, if I do say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...