Friday, April 22, 2011

What I'm making this weekend...

There are so many things that I want to work on right now... and for some reason I keep looking at even more cool ideas.  I am really bad at finding lots of project ideas, then never getting around to actually making them.   My most recent obsession has been crochet hats and flowers :)

Despite all of the fabulous ideas out there, I really can only do so much... so here are my to-do's for this weekend.

  1. Netbook Case - A friend at work asked if we (me & my DesiLea Boutique business partner) could make her a netbook case.  This was right about the time that we had come across this tutorial for an iPad Case.  I'm going to follow the basic rules of the tutorial but adjust the size to fit the dimensions of the netbook.  I promised to bring this finished on Monday, so it has to be the top priority on my craft list this weekend :)  I can't wait to see how it turns out!  Stay tuned!
  2. This Sweet Hat - Awesome huh?  I've been wanting to make one of these cute brimmed hats ever since I first saw them.  I like to try a newborn size first to get a feel for the pattern, since that's the smallest size.  This first one (if all goes well) will turn into a sweet gift for a friend's new nephew who should be born any day now.  I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Realisitcally, I think that's about all that will get done this weekend.  Hopefully I'll get the chance to get a few photos of SQ in her brand new hat that I just finished...

Toddler Size Hat!
Please excuse the cell phone photo for now... This is why I really want to get some good ones of it being worn tomorrow :)

Cute huh?  It's so super soft too!  I absolutely LOVE the cotton yarn that I used for this... I wish it came in more colors (maybe it does, and my store just didn't have them all), I'm thinking this is my new go-to yarn for anything baby/kid related.  Oh... it's I Love This Cotton Yarn in Pistachio for the main hat and Pink for the light pink flowers. The dark pink is just something extra that I had in my stash - I can't remember what it is, but it's not nearly as soft.

Anyway, it's looking like it will be a pretty busy weekend so far.  In the morning I think I'll pack up the girls and go do a little bit of shopping.  I totally need a new pair of denim capri pants to wear... my ones from last year are TOO BIG! (awesome huh?!).  While I'm out with the girls I think I'll leave my husband home to mow the yard. :)  Then hopefully the rest of the day I'll be able to get a little bit of cleaning and stuff done around the house and of course work some on the projects listed above.

Sunday will be very busy!  We'll be heading over to see both sides of the family - lunch at one house, dinner at the other.  My only concern is when will the girls get their nap?  I really didn't think it through when I committed us to go to both places.  Oh well, it will work out just fine :)

I'll be back with some updates about the projects as soon as they get finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...