Sunday, April 3, 2011

we went to the park

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really done any sewing this past week.  I just haven't been in the right mood.  I've got a few things started but just haven't been in the mood to continue them just yet.  Oh well, they will get done!

So instead of sharing something fun and crafty, I'm going to just share something fun :)

It's been crazy at our house this week.  The girls have taken turns being brats (usually it's just one at a time thankfully).  Mostly their moods seem to be due to lack of naps (or quality naps) during the day.  Here's hoping things work out better this next week.

Anyway, I was determined to get these girls outside during the beautiful weather we were having this weekend.  We did have to run a few errands though, and so I wasn't quite sure we would fit it all in.  We didn't make it over to the park before nap time like originally planned (they fell asleep in the car on our way to the park), so we made plans to take them back out after they napped and grab a bit of dinner to take home.

I'm so glad we made it out... and that I remembered to bring my camera :) 

NK had a great time running back and forth between the different play sets.

IMG_2569-web
She loved the duck (one of those metal animals on the spring)

IMG_2564-web
And looked like a movie star in my sunglasses :)

IMG_2585-web
SQ spent most of her time looking like this - a little scared by all the other big kids running around. We had to hold her for the first bit of the time we were there, until Daddy took her down the slide. After that she loosened up a bit and at least walked around on her own.

IMG_2584-web
THIS is my absolute favorite capture from the day. Not quite sure about what it is, but I think it turned out great. I don't usually like turning my camera crooked when I take a photo, but for some reason this just works for me.

I did eventually get both of the girls in the swings for a bit.  SQ FINALLY had a great time and spent the whole time that she was swinging, giggling :)  I'm so glad she finally got into it!

Of course, NK pitched a fit when it was time to leave - as expected.  But we made it out, and were able to make our last two stops before we headed home.

What a day!  I'm so glad we were finally able to get out of the house and let the kids run around (or at least one of them run) and do something different.  Hopefully next time SQ will be in a better mood and end up having more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...